View Poll Results: Where would you rate this episode?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Totally Awesome! :)

0 0%

5 25.00%

8 40.00%

5 25.00%

1 5.00%

0 0%

0 0%

1 5.00%

0 0%
  • 1 - Terrible :(

0 0%
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Season 8 Epi 1 - Rate This Episode

So how did this episode rate with you?
    Scottie Karklin, Senior Moderator
    scottie.karklin@fvnorthwestern.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Re: Season 8 Epi 1 - Rate This Episode

Beat me to it Scottie! lol I was just going to get started doing the polls again :-)

This year I thought they did a great job on the first eppy. Touching to see them with their families before leaving. I was happy to see Edgar back on the boat. I really thought he was done. It was pretty funny when he said it was good to be back home. Notice Jake sitting next to him looking totally wiped out and sleeping lol.

I was surprised that the entire crew was replaced on the Kodiak. Looks like Wild Bill is going to have his hands full. I thought that one deckhand would be back. (Adam?) Wasn't he with Capt. Bill for a long time. I guess his behavior last year caught up with him.

I can't remember his name...on the Wizard. Wow he looked like he had three sheets to the wind. Not good at all. At least the crew dealt with it before Keith saw him!

I always like to see is the changes to the opener (Dead or Alive). One thing sort of stuck with me. This year when they showed Phil in the wheelhouse looking through the foggy window, he was looking in a different direction, like off to the distance, then they shifted to Jake, instead of Josh. I guess I'm still too emotional when it comes to the Harris family.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Still I think it was 2 little NW time :P but very nice 2 see the inside life...Nice 2 have Edgar back and I hope he wil do good....

PS I`m not able 2 see the deckhand epi:((( so my judgement is only 4 the gambler epi...
    Last edited by Angel Girl; 04-12-2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Merge double posts.
    U have the wrong way, the wrigth way and the Norwegian way
    Shut up and Fish
    Roboats are good, Roboats are use to repitations, roboats dont complaine, roboats are little zambies

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

I have to say I really enjoyed this episode. For the first time in a long time I wasn’t left shaking my head at the drama or lack of love for or over abundance of any particular boat. Sure one can never get enough of the Northwestern, but since we have to share, I thought all the boats were portrayed fairly and each of their stories told. Finally, it was once again about fishing. Here’s to hoping the rest of the season follows suit!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

The episode was OK, and I liked the discussion of the home life they leave behind, but I still don't like jumping around between all these boats. I was frustrated not to get enough of a sense of what's happening on any one boat. Also, they portrayed Elliot unfairly.

[SPOILER]What they showed on TV made it look like he had the injured crewman go back to work without seeing if he was OK. Only in the deleted scene did we see Elliot call him to the wheelhouse. Elliot did not check him out properly, like Sig or Keith would have, but he did talk with him and ask if he was OK. [/SPOILER]

My biggest beef, however, is that we didn't even hear from Jake A. We saw him in two closeups looking concerned, but that was it. They need to spend enough time with the Northwestern to show us what's up with our guys.
    Last edited by spaniel; 04-13-2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: trying to figure out the spoiler button

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

i gave it an 8 because it was much more NW than last year, and any NW is good TV hehe
    Matt Bradley's #1 fan =)