Blog Entries
    Thanks

"Dakota Fred" of Gold Rush "What has American Become?"

"Dakota Fred" of Gold Rush fires back on Facebook! Posted on one of the Disco Gold Rush message boards:

And now for the real truth
    Posted by DavePat 11-02-11 01:32 AM
    In case anybody doesn't realize that the show is totally scripted and edited to death and that it has absolutely no base in reality - here is a statement from Fred's web page that ought to put the entire premise of the show bed.

Fred has stated the following on his own facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001180396476&sk=wall):

Fred Hurt: "What has America become? A crowd of blind haters, sucked into the contrived, misrepresented portrayal of "Reality TV"? The editors should be held accountable for altering words, and, deleting critical information that sheds a whole new light on the facts. Before the season started, I voiced great concern about how I was portrayed last year, and insisted Discovery clarify WHY the Hoffmans were going to the Yukon. 99% of that clarification was deleted from the show. The Hoffmans asked to be released from their lease. The owner, embarrassed both personally and professionally by the Hoffmans, immediately put the claim up for sale. He had 3 offers to buy the claim. Had Discovery aired this filmed sequence, and divulged what the Hoffmans knew, the public would have a totally different opinion. I am only giving out this information, possibly in violation of my aggreement with Discovery, because of the serious nature of death threats to me, both direct and implied. If the FBI has to get involved, so be it. This is what America has become. A crowd jerked around by overzealous editors, eager for ratings. You are focusing on the wrong person. I have NO control of the way it gets edited."
    LINK

WOW death threats? Holy cow. Folks need to get a grip! I really didn't like what I saw of this man from the show, but dang I don't know this guy to judge him. I would imagine he got blasted with quite a bit of hate mail. I've read a few of them and they were unfortunately pretty nasty. This is from one of the Discovery message boards.
    Last edited by MelG; 11-02-2011 at 02:05 PM. Reason: add

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MelG For This Useful Post:

Crab-bait kitty (11-05-2011), jaicne (11-05-2011)

Thanks

Re: "Dakota Fred" of Gold Rush "What has American Become?"

Y'know, I was extremely disgusted by what Fred did. Until I read this.

If what he says is true, then... well, it really shows what Discovery will do for more viewers. That's just as disgusting. But then again, I repeat - if what this guy says is true. Of course, then we can't trust anybody... bleh.