Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Re: Vessel tracking!!

Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    I was sent her co-ordinates but seem to have misplaced them..will post when found.

*update* hannah boden Latitude:44.51897 Longitude:-48.11694 GPS location Date/Time:10/16/2010 02:45:35 EDT

Thanks for the update. do we know if any of them have AIS onboard? Would love to follow them as well.
    "He's a classic Norwegian fisherman, shy like some of Dad's friends from the Old Country... I can respect that. He is his own man." - Sig on Norman

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Since the crab boats are no longer in port, is there a way to see where they are in the Bering Sea? I can't figure out how to find them with the marine traffic website. I'd be greatful if someone could help me. Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ctsigfan View Post
    Since the crab boats are no longer in port, is there a way to see where they are in the Bering Sea? I can't figure out how to find them with the marine traffic website. I'd be greatful if someone could help me. Thanks
    yeah I was kinda wondering the same, cos my brother and >I have tried to surched the net for days now without any look, so we just gave it up now...:-(
    U have the wrong way, the wrigth way and the Norwegian way
    Shut up and Fish
    Roboats are good, Roboats are use to repitations, roboats dont complaine, roboats are little zambies

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Once they're out of range, you won't find them on the Marine Traffic site. From the looks of things, their "range" isn't very far-ranging. :) For example, when the Northwestern went to Akutan for a few days earlier this month, they were out of range so didn't show up on that site. But showed up again when they returned to Dutch.

Ann

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

There are simply no grids available for that area. You'll notice those that are missing along the northern pacific also. It's pretty cool that they are on this year. Last year, for whatever reason, as soon as King started, the Dutch Harbor grid dissappeared. Hmm almost time to order my fresh crab :-)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MelG View Post
    There are simply no grids available for that area. You'll notice those that are missing along the northern pacific also. It's pretty cool that they are on this year. Last year, for whatever reason, as soon as King started, the Dutch Harbor grid dissappeared. Hmm almost time to order my fresh crab :-)
    Where do you order your crab from? Yum.
    It is nice that we can see them in Dutch, shame there are more antennas around, like Akutan and St Paul at least. Unless you pay a lot for satellite tracking you can't see them out at sea. As far as boats on the East Coast USA, I think some of the Sword boats might not be tracked at all, they only require AIS on boats over a certain weight.
    "He's a classic Norwegian fisherman, shy like some of Dad's friends from the Old Country... I can respect that. He is his own man." - Sig on Norman

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Looks like CM is out fishing! I don't see her on docked in Dutch Harbor on MarineTraffic.com. If that's what they're doing, I wish them the best!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

The CM left Dutch last night around 9pm EST. Were able to track her til she got out of Unalaska bay. You can set up your fleet on marinetraffic.com and can set up for email notifications for when the boats will be back in port. There is no link for St. Paul :(
    "There are 3 ways of doing things, the right way, the wrong way and the Norwegian way." -Edgar Hansen "Stick, stay and make it pay." Capt Sig Hansen

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

That's great! I thought Edgar was supposed to be on the CM for King Crab season. I wonder how Derik ended up with the job. Nothing against him, I'm happy he is there so the boat and all crew are out there fishing. Did Josh get his Jr license this summer, so he will be on his way to becoming captain of the CM. If he did get it then next year he can get his master license and be on his own.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

I wish all the boats a safe season, catch their quotas quickly, get in and go home to loved ones, have a happy holiday season enjoy your break eveyone

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast