PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm Need help please..

Scott75
05-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Can any one help me out? I am trying to locate the Alaskan Storm for PC and am having probelms the game stop and a few other places are not help that much.Game Stop at one store tells me to go online and have it ordered to the store well the site cant do it online then another store tells me they cant order it unless its for the xbox. Any other clues?

patque
05-22-2009, 04:53 PM
I've seen Amazon advertisements for it. I'll see what else there is...

patque
05-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Can you not order it here:

Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm Download | Buy Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm from D2D (http://www.direct2drive.com/2/6605/product/Buy-Deadliest-Catch-Alaskan-Storm-Download)

scottie
05-22-2009, 06:03 PM
You can also try eBay too. That is where I got mine from.

Capitals_Fan_For_Life
05-22-2009, 06:58 PM
same here...just checked amazon and they have it

You can also try eBay too. That is where I got mine from.

Scott75
05-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Kewl that helps out and yes I forgot the STICKIES.But yeah that can work its for bayliss on the D.F Forums cause she lives in B.F.E Iowa and the nearest game stop to here is 100 miles.

Captain Crabby
05-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Having the same problem. Was deployed when it came out and now can't find it anywhere. Don't know if I can trust ebay, don't have an xbox, and Amazon was sold out.

DUH! Just saw the D2D links rofl. Has anyone ever used that site? Can you burn actual disks off it or how do you download it again without paying after your puter crashes? Got an older puter an no money atm to replace it so a little worried about buying it then losing. Any info would be appreciated if anyone knows about the service

Sig Northwestern Addict
05-30-2009, 01:31 PM
I have see it on PC at Best Buy, if you have one near you, that's where you can pick it up. I don't do a credit card, I have a copy, signed by the Hansens on XBOX360. Hope that helps you.

Tarpon
05-30-2009, 03:11 PM
I just downloaded my copy from Direct2Drive.
Nice place to get software without having to drive to the store.

Captain Crabby
05-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Just got it ad Direct 2 Drive. All the stores near me were sold out. Pretty fun game so far. I've unlocked a bunch of stuff already but having problems finding good spots to fish. I always seem to come in last no matter how many pots I drop or how long I soak em for.

Sig Northwestern Addict
06-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Just got it ad Direct 2 Drive. All the stores near me were sold out. Pretty fun game so far. I've unlocked a bunch of stuff already but having problems finding good spots to fish. I always seem to come in last no matter how many pots I drop or how long I soak em for.

Once you learn how long each season is, one is longer than the other, I'll remember it once I play the game, then you know how many pots you can drop, retrieve, unload at port, and then reset, then you can get pretty good numbers. What I do during King Crab, I set down in the red along the Aleutian Islands. I don't like to set where everyone else does, it brings the numbers down. With Opillio, I set up against the ice pack, but not deep in it. If you do, you of course risk loosing your gear to the traveling ice. I do that and get over 2 hundred crab. Also, it's best to 'fast time' through bad weather, instead of toughing it out, you risk injured crew, throwing one overboard, mechanical breakdowns, and injuring the crab, making dead loss possible. I've never had awesome numbers at the end of any season, but that's just my strategy.

Capitals_Fan_For_Life
06-01-2009, 11:32 AM

I've been tending to set my pots a little bit north of where the red blobs are on the radar screen. Go to the little box that says "crab" on your plotter and click it. Red blobs should come up and they give you a general idea of where the crab may be. Like I said i tend to set just a little bit north of that and ive been pretty successful

tesetem
06-02-2009, 03:38 PM
I got my copy around the time it came out on pc. havent played it much recently though but i do have most of the vidieos unlocked, but now im gonna start a serious season, also in king try not to dump more then 75-100 pots depending on your crew. also once the fleet catch is at 500k start stacking or storing pots, it will be over soon, at least in king season, opies its around 700k hope it helps

tesetem
06-03-2009, 11:24 AM
what does everyone have it on xbox or pc? ive got mine for pc

Captain Crabby
06-04-2009, 05:16 PM
Mines on PC. I am still being a wuss playing in easy mode for now. I've got my boat almost upgraded but my Opie seasons suck terribly. Dumb question but my game didn't come with a manual as I downloaded it from D2D. What is the % by the crab? Is it the percent you need to fill your hold or the percentage you catch out of the whole fleet?

I dropped 200 pots in King season and just barely got them all aboard before season end. Do I need to also be in port selling before the season ends or just have all my pots onboard?

Hobie
09-06-2009, 06:31 PM
as long as you have your last baited pot on board or stored (which cost to retrieve when the season is over) you will not recieve fines. as for being in port no you do not have to be in port before the season is over, although if you are the odds will be in your favor to be near first in line. one season i had to wait over 24 hrs before i could off load. this caused me to have over 75% of my catch in dead loss. Personally i really like the game. i just wish you could instruct the deck boss if everything is not going well. but overall its a great game. I am glad i found a place to talk about this game. its too bad there is no realistic way to play online, that would make things a lot more intresting.

http://www.fvnorthwestern.com/forums/images/styles/fvnorth/misc/progress.gif

CrabbieAbbie
09-07-2009, 06:37 PM
I bought mine at Wal-Mart when it first came out. There were still copies there a few weeks ago when I was there last. I LOVE this game!! I think I'm turning into Phil. I find myself getting anxious thinking about where to drop my next string, how long to soak a specific string, etc. in the middle of my workday when my mind should be elsewhere. I have spent hours playing when it seems like only a few minutes, so I have had to limit play to when I have a few hours to kill. My only issue is with the guy who does Nick's voice. It is SO distracting!! When did Nick acquire that weird, gruff unknown accent?! And why is he always depressed? Poor Nick!!!

northwesternwannabe24
09-07-2009, 08:38 PM
eBay definately has it. That is where I plan to get mine.

Fainne
09-13-2009, 11:47 PM
ok, i don't know if this is the right thread but i need help with this game *lol* i didn't even make it through opi season because my crane broke and i couldn't effort to repair it. what's your strategy setting the pots, do you set the strings close to each other?

i so want to unlock the second vidoe where norman speaks, does anyone know how to do it? which task will i have to fullfil until i can unlock it?

Karen Hanadel
09-14-2009, 01:53 AM
You can also find it in the DC Web site to. I been getting videos from them to.
And NW gear.
Like after the catch, And Season 3. to.
"Cause" the they do run out.

WildIslandCat
09-14-2009, 06:56 PM
I bought mine at Wal-Mart when it first came out. There were still copies there a few weeks ago when I was there last. I LOVE this game!! I think I'm turning into Phil. I find myself getting anxious thinking about where to drop my next string, how long to soak a specific string, etc. in the middle of my workday when my mind should be elsewhere. I have spent hours playing when it seems like only a few minutes, so I have had to limit play to when I have a few hours to kill. My only issue is with the guy who does Nick's voice. It is SO distracting!! When did Nick acquire that weird, gruff unknown accent?! And why is he always depressed? Poor Nick!!!

I finally got to play mine this week and have to agree... what is with the voice for Nick! LOL. I wish the crews had done their own voices... at least the NW crew. Or at least Norman! Speaking of Norman, how do you boost his morale, everyone else is happy as can be, I swear though, he got happier just standing around on the deck one day. LOL. Maybe he was photographing the scene for us! :icon_sunny:

THECRABCRUSHER
12-09-2009, 07:52 PM
When i bought my game 18 months ago and got it home and started playing the first 3 days was real hard.I did not start up with using 200 pots nor did i even get all my gear in before the season ended.The very first time i had Matt go overboard i lost him because i did not know what to do but he was the last cremember i ever lost i lost 4 boats but 1 was at the fault of me when i ran my boat into the rocks on the island next to St Paul in a bad storm.The next 3 boats was at the fault of my DECKBOSS/ENGINEER none other than EDGAR HANSEN!! When i ask him what happened he said cooking oil spilled on the burner while cooking so this is why i leave the cooking pots to Matt.NOW!! I don't know but my website has what is called a POT DATA SHEET and by using it i have kept track of the amount of crab i have caught which i have just hammered 13.7 million LBS of crab and i have just started my 640th career season.Being disabled lets me play this great game and keeping up with my new website and custom forum.When i bought my game i paid top dollar $59.00 bucks for it and i have not regreted it one bit but my second game is the AUTOGRAPHED GAME by CAPT SIG,EDGAR and the rest of the NW CREW.The other is the pc game which is good to but my 360 game is my favorite one basically because i can use my POT DATA SHEET that was created by LUNARJAX.The original was on the greenwave site but he sent me the new one which is on the website. So on a scale of 1-10 i would have to say i give the game a 8.75 as it still locks up but i could assoc. That with the crab pots are just so full that the game cant keep up with them LMAO.

CRUSHER

You can also find it in the DC Web site to. I been getting videos from them to.
And NW gear.
Like after the catch, And Season 3. to.
"Cause" the they do run out.
Yeah DC site has good ones but YOUTUBE has the best videos of the DC & DCAS.

CRUSHER

tsnyder88
12-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Amazon has 1 new and 3 used

F/V NORTHWESTERN GEAR STORE